Ridgefield Youth Football: 2020 Registration Information
Dear Ridgefield Youth Tigers Parents,
Welcome to the 2020 Youth Football season. Our Flag Football program is for Grades 1-4, in two divisions: Grades 1&2, and Grades 3&4.
ONLINE REGISTRATION and PAYMENT at www.ridgefieldyouthfootball.org is strongly encouraged to cut down on the paper forms and to consolidate all of the information into our online database. If you are unable to register online please contact our registrar at
. In this registration packet, you will find information and forms that need to be completed and submitted before your child can participate as a football player or cheerleader.
The following is a brief description of the forms and requirements for 2020:
1. 2020 Registration Forms (All FORMS ARE PART OF ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS)
- Registration Form
- RYFC Guidelines Agreement (for Parents and Players)
- RYFC Coaches Code of Ethics (if applicable)
- RYFC Parental Consent Agreement Form
- FCFL Parents Code of Conduct Agreement Form
- FCFL Participants Code of Conduct Agreement Form
(Anyone who does not register via online, these forms are located on the website and must be completed manually. They are located under the Documents/Forms tab. We highly recommend online registration!)
2. 2020 DOCTOR CERTIFICATION FORM (MUST be received NO LATER THAN 8/1 VIA MAIL - CANNOT BE SUBMITTED ONLINE)
We must have a LIVE stamped and approved Doctor certification from your physician for your child to participate in the RYFC programs. A doctor cert is required each year.
The 2020 Doctor Certification Form is located on the website under the Documents/Forms tab.
IMPORTANT: If your child’s physical is not scheduled until after August 18th of this year, the physician can still sign this form! In fact, you may wish to drop the form at the physicians’ office to have it signed ASAP so as not to delay completion of your child’s registration and to avoid the summer camp form rush.
3. PHOTOCOPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE: NEW TACKLE PLAYERS ONLY - Please send a photocopy of both your child's birth certificate and most recent report card with your Doctor’s Certification and Emergency Medical Information.
4. PHOTOCOPY OF MOST RECENT REPORT CARD: NEW TACKLE PLAYERS ONLY - Please send photocopy your child’s year-end recent report card
NOTE: Report Cards and birth certificates are required by the FCFL to validate your child’s team placement. We are only interested in validating the grade your child is rising from, feel free to redact any information you deem sensitive other than the grade completed.
Your child WILL NOT participate in Football OR Cheer until Doctor Certification, Birth Certificate and Report as well as all other online registrations forms are completed correctly and turned in by the dates indicated.
5. Form Return and Payment Information: Payment may be made via credit card ONLY on the RYFC web site (www.ridgefieldyouthfootball.com) at the end of your online registration. Here is our fee schedule for 2020:
||Early Bird Registration
||4/13 – 5/19
||5/20 – 6/23
||6/24 – 7/31
|Flag (grades 1-4)
FULL PAYMENT IS DUE UPON REGISTRATION! IF FULL PAYMENT IS NOT MADE UPON REGISTRATION, YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL NEED TO RE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD!
Multiplayer Family Discount:
10% Discount per additional family member for tackle
10% Discount per additional family member for flag
10% Discount per additional family member for cheer
NOTE: Families with participants in multiple programs (tackle, flag, cheer) will receive the 10% discount automatically during online regular registration.
Football and Cheer Registration forms should be mailed to:
Ridgefield Youth Football
ATTN: FOOTBALL REGISTRAR
P.O. Box 68
Ridgefield, CT 06877
6. Uniform & Equipment Refundable Deposits
TO BE SUBMITTED AT EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTION AS FOLLOWS:
Tackle: $500.00 Flag: $ no fee
Equipment Deposit Checks should be made payable to RYFC and dated 12/1/2020 and please include the name of the player in the memo section on your check. The checks are held as a security deposit for football/cheerleading uniforms and equipment. Your check will be returned to you when the uniform/equipment is turned in at the end of the season.
7. Refund Request (The refund request form can be found in the Documents section of the website):
If your child should leave the program, written notification is required. The amount of refund is:
- Postmarked on or before August 1st – 100%
- Postmarked between August 2nd – August 30th - Refund less $50.
- Postmarked after August 30th – no refund.
8. Non Residents
All non-Ridgefield residents will pay an additional $100.00 fee to offset a town mandated per player field usage fee.
Players will be allowed to participate ONLY when all forms have been submitted. Your child cannot begin practice if there is any outstanding paperwork or payment due. -NO EXCEPTIONS!-