Ridgefield Youth Football: 2022 Registration Information
Dear Ridgefield Youth Tigers Parents,
Welcome to the 2022 Youth Tackle Football season. Ridgefield participates in the Fairfield County Football League (FCFL) with teams from Bridgeport, Darien, Fairfield, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Trumbull, Westport, and Wilton. Our Football Tackle program is for Grades 3-8.
ONLINE REGISTRATION and PAYMENT at www.ridgefieldyouthfootball.org is strongly encouraged to cut down on the paper forms and to consolidate all of the information into our online database. If you are unable to register online please contact our registrar at
. In this registration packet you will find information and forms that need to be completed and submitted before your child can participate as a football player or cheerleader.
The following is a brief description of the forms and requirements for 2022:
1. 2022 Registration Forms (All FORMS ARE PART OF ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS)
- Registration Form
- RYFC Guidelines Agreement (for Parents and Players)
- RYFC Coaches Code of Ethics (if applicable)
- RYFC Parental Consent Agreement Form
- FCFL Parents Code of Conduct Agreement Form
- FCFL Participants Code of Conduct Agreement Form
- RYFC Anti-Bullying Policy
(Anyone who does not register online, these forms are located on the website and must be completed manually. They are located under the Documents/Forms tab. We highly recommend online registration!)
2. 2022 DOCTOR CERTIFICATION FORM (MUST be uploaded to your child's registration and be received NO LATER THAN 8/1/22)
We must have an approved Doctor Certification Form from your physician in order for your child to participate in the RYFC programs. A doctor certification is required each and every year! No exceptions!
The 2022 Doctor Certification Form is located on the website under the Documents/Forms tab or by clicking here.
IMPORTANT: If your child’s physical is not scheduled until after August 17th of this year, the physician can still sign this form! In fact, you may wish to drop the form at the physicians’ office to have it signed ASAP so as not to delay completion of your child’s registration and to avoid the summer camp form rush.
3. PHOTOCOPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE (optional): NEW TACKLE PLAYERS ONLY - Please send a photocopy of both your child's birth certificate and most recent report card with your Doctor’s Certification and Emergency Medical Information.
4. PHOTOCOPY OF MOST RECENT REPORT CARD (optional): NEW TACKLE PLAYERS ONLY - Please send photocopy your child’s year-end recent report card.
NOTE: Report Cards and birth certificates are required by the FCFL to validate your child’s team placement. We are only interested in validating the grade your child is rising from, feel free to redact any information you deem sensitive other than the grade completed.
Your child WILL NOT participate in Football OR Cheer until Doctor Certification and all other online registrations forms are completed correctly and turned in by the dates indicated.
5. Form Return and Payment Information: Payment may be made via credit card ONLY on the RYFC web site (www.ridgefieldyouthfootball.com) at the end of your online registration. Here is our fee schedule for 2022:
||Early Bird Registration
||4/01 – 5/31
||6/1 – 6/28
||6/29 – 7/31
|Tackle (grades 3-8)
FULL PAYMENT or 1st PAYMENT (PAYMENT PLAN) IS DUE UPON REGISTRATION!
IF FULL PAYMENT or 1st PAYMENT (PAYMENT PLAN) IS NOT MADE UPON REGISTRATION,
YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL NEED TO RE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD!
Multiplayer Family Discount:
10% Discount per additional family member for tackle
10% Discount per additional family member for flag
10% Discount per additional family member for cheer
NOTE: Families with participants in multiple programs (tackle, flag, cheer) will receive the 15% discount automatically during online regular registration.
Football Registration forms should be mailed to:
Ridgefield Youth Football
ATTN: FOOTBALL REGISTRAR
P.O. Box 68
Ridgefield, CT 06877
6. Uniform & Equipment Refundable Deposits
TO BE SUBMITTED AT EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTION AS FOLLOWS:
Tackle: $500.00 Flag: no fee
Equipment Deposit Checks should be made payable to RYFC and dated 12/1/2022 and please include the name of the player in the memo section on your check. The checks are held as a security deposit for football/cheerleading uniforms and equipment. Your check will be returned to you when the uniform/equipment is turned in at the end of the season.
7. Refund Request (The refund request form can be found in the documents section of the website):
If your child should leave the program, written notification is required. The amount of refund is:
- Postmarked on or before August 1st – 100%
- Postmarked between August 2nd – August 30th - Refund less $50.
- Postmarked after August 31st – no refund.
8. Non Residents
All non-Ridgefield residents will pay an additional $100.00 fee to offset a town mandated per player field usage fee.
Players will be allowed to participate ONLY when all forms have been submitted. Your child cannot begin practice if there is any outstanding paperwork or payment due. - NO EXCEPTIONS!-